Photo by Bu
Honestly, I feel like I should post a note that says “I’m not an expert” somewhere on this blog. If only for this reason.
Luckily, my friend Elizabeth P.W. reminded me that it’s okay not to have all the answers. She voiced what I’ve been noticing around the web: people trust those who are honest with them, even if that means admitting faults or problems.
For me that means letting you know that I’ve never done a real fast before. Well, unless you count that time where I decided to eat nothing but apples for one day. (Didn’t do much!)
But that’s all going to change…
I’m about to embark on my very first real fast! I’m going to do the lemonade fast, also known as the Master Cleanse.
I’ll be posting about my experiences here on the blog. I will be as honest and transparent as I can be, without sharing too many of the gory details, if you know what I mean.
It’s funny because before I went raw I always thought fasts had to be for an ulterior motive. Like a 24 hour fast for charity. Or for spiritual reasons.
My rationale for doing this 10 day cleanse is a lot less righteous. Here are a few of my thoughts and reasons:
- Winter is coming and I want a strong immune system, so giving my body time to heal would be good.
- I’ve been working hard on my Cure Cravings Forever program, and I could use a boost of energy.
- I realized that there’s never a perfect time for a cleanse. I was going to do a juice feast in the summer, but somehow the timing didn’t work out. Now or never, I say.
- It would be great to know what it’s like to experience “crippling cravings” again so I can really delve deep and share my insights in my Cure Cravings Forever program.
- I’m very curious about the reported benefits and I want to know whether to recommend it to people or not.
- This master cleanse will be an interesting way to build up my self confidence, and willpower. When you commit to something like this, it’s transformational. (Or so I hear.)
- I want to see how much yeast vs. beneficial bacteria I seem to have gathered over years of being on birth control pills and taking antibiotics.
Oh, food cravings…
I’ve gathered a lot of craving busting tricks up my sleeve over the past few years.
I go into all the details in my new program called Cure Cravings Forever. I wanted to let you know that the program registration closes on Wednesday November 4th at Midnight, Eastern time.
So if you want to hear my advice on cravings, without the “high and mighty” voice (I’ll be just as bent on cravings as you during my fast!) then this is your time.
I look forward to working with you on kicking some craving butt!