Growing up I always ate a lot of cookies and junk food. That was my de facto standard. But one day my dad showed up with boxes full of seaweed cookies and seaweed bars.
He figured that we could all stand to eat a little healthier, and he planned on selling them at his shop. At first we all wrinkled our noses: “seaweed?! yuck!”
But over time I grew to like these seaweed cookies. They had a different type of flavor, and since my dad was having a harder time than he anticipated selling them, I ended up eating a lot of them.
How to eat seaweed is not something I learned at a young age… unless you count those cookies. I didn’t understand the benefit of eating seaweed back then, but now I’m a huge fan and here’s why:
I often get asked how people can eat more seaweed, and this article will show you all the different ways you can do it!
1. Add spirulina or blue/green algae to your green smoothies or fruit smoothies. I’ve also added it to my green juices, it makes for a fun mix.
2. Make raw maki or sushi veggie rolls, using nori seaweed sheets as the wrapper.
3. Slice up a nori sheet to top your salads or add to wraps for extra crunch.
4. Use Irish Moss in raw pies and desserts to solidify the fillings, and get some extra seaweed into your diet through your sweet tooth.
5. Soak kelp buds and add these to your salads and wraps. I do this one several times per week, and it adds a different flair to my salads!
6. Add kelp noodles (these are raw!) to your raw soups, raw salads, or make a raw noodle dish with them.
7. Use soaked kelp buds or your favorite type of seaweed to your salad dressings by blending with quality oils and vinegars. You get a great Asian tasting dressing, and you sneak more seaweed in!
8. Dehydrate nori crackers by blending regular cracker batter and spreading it on a nori sheet. Then dehydrate and watch the salty nori turn into a delicious cracker you can’t put down.
9. Make a seaweed salad with any type of soaked seaweed, sliced cucumbers, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for an Asian feel.
10. Bring nori sheets on camping or cross country trips, they make for a great dry snack or can be combined with fresh veggies for a super simple wrap.
Did you notice? None of these suggestions require you to eat seaweed cookies. But each one will help you remineralize your body, balance your thyroid, and feel incredible.
So go ahead, give seaweed a try. I promise you it gets easier to include in your day to day! The question is not “How to Eat Seaweed” but rather, why not eat more seaweed?
This funny pain relief patch story starts a few years ago in the middle of a freezing winter. I was…
Do you know that detox diet can improve the way a person’s liver removes toxins for the body? Well, your…
How to Get Mold Out of Your Body Mold is all around us - and it can be harmful to…
Some of you have been writing in and asking how to go about making dehydrated snacks and crackers without a…
The other day my grandmother and I were talking, and she exclaimed: “If you look good, you feel good.” Taken…
We’ve harped on about the spiritual ways in which juicing can change your life. We’ve also taught you how to…