The SkinnyMint 28 Day Ultimate Teatox is a weight loss product on the market designed to be used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle. The brand says that their ‘powerful ingredients work in harmony together to create an all natural cleanse, kick starting a healthy lifestyle and the ideal start to achieve your health goals.’
The brand claim that their teatox can reduce bloating, improve digestion and release toxins which helps to promote natural weight loss and a flatter tummy. They promise that you will see results in just 28 days, with no crash dieting or crazy workouts.
However, we’re going to look at the 411 on Skinnymint so you can decide whether it’s something you want to use.
The skinny mint teatox has just two steps. The first step is the ‘morning boost’ tea, containing guarana, green tea, and yerba mate for a ‘fruity blend’. You drink this every morning, so the pack you buy comes with 28 teabags.
The second step is the ‘night cleanse’, containing ginger root, lemongrass, senna leaves, and psyllium husk. You drink this every other night, as the ingredients can cause adverse effects if they are consumed more regularly. Because of this the teatox only comes with 14 night cleanse tea bags.
’Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.’
Now, let’s take a look at whether skinny mint tea really works.
Does This Product Really Work?
When exploring whether the skinny mint teatox is right for you, you’ll come across numerous skinnymint reviews. The kicker with the reviews is that many of the reviews are mixed. You’ll find a variety of 4 and 5 star reviews, many of them glowing, claiming that they cannot live without the tea. Other reviews give just one or two stars, saying that the tea did not do anything at all for them, and some people even said that the only thing they got from the tea was tummy cramps.
Because of this, it can be tough to figure out whether a skinnymint teatox is a good idea. Do you risk spending the money and not seeing results, or do you take the chance and potentially enjoy a little confidence boost?
It’s worth noting that if you do buy the tea, it’s unlikely you will notice life-changing results in 28 days. You may experience more energy and less bloating, perhaps even shed some water weight and a few pounds, but you shouldn’t use this as an attempt at losing a huge amount of weight. Any weight loss regime should always be undertaken carefully and healthily, with plenty of time to reach your goal. Rushing to lose weight will only ever result in fad dieting, health issues, and even more weight piled back on in the long run.
The Skinny Mint teatox contains natural ingredients that are all gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO. Below is a more detailed list and explanation of each.
- Green Tea – Green tea is packed full of health-promoting compounds. Regularly drinking green tea is thought to help you lose weight and reduce your risk of several diseases.
- Nettle Leaves – nettle leaves have a diuretic action that flushes excess uric acid from muscles and joints, helping to relieve arthritic pain and inflammation. First timers may experience a mild upset stomach, fluid retention, and diarrhea. Considered to be slightly laxative.
- Yerba Mate – Yerba mate contains the stimulants caffeine and theobromine. It also contains anti-inflammatory saponins, chlorophyll, and potent antioxidants. Safe when taken for short periods of time.
- Dandelion – Dandelion is nutritious, may fight inflammation, aid blood sugar control, may aid weight loss, and more.
- Guarana Fruit – contains caffeine, and can have negative effects when taken in high doses.
- Ginger Root – used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes. Possible health benefits include relieving nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness, and pain.
- Lemon Grass – Lemongrass contains substances that are thought to relieve pain and swelling, reduce fever, improve levels of sugar and cholesterol in the blood, stimulate the uterus and menstrual flow, and have antioxidant properties.
- Peppermint – peppermint may ease digestive upsets, improve energy, and improve sleep.
- Hawthorn Berries – considered an antioxidant and can aid digestive health.
- Orange Leaves – thought to be nutritious, used in many home remedies for years.
- Senna Leaves – Used in tea as a laxative or stimulant for centuries. Bear in mind that senna leaves are not healthy in high doses, and must be used short term. Longer use can cause the bowels to stop functioning normally and might cause dependence on laxatives. This is why following the instructions on the teatox packet is vital.
- Licorice Root – Licorice is taken by mouth for various digestive system complaints including stomach ulcers, heartburn, colic, and ongoing inflammation of the lining of the stomach.
- Psyllium Husk – often used as a fibre supplement.
The ingredients in skinny mint teatox are natural, but some of them may cause side effects, especially if you have never taken them before. It’s a good idea to be careful and pay close attention to any signs and symptoms that the tea is not a good fit for you. You might also want to check with your GP if it is safe for you to consume these ingredients if you are on certain medications or have ongoing health issues.
When it comes to taste, it’s all down to your preference. The morning tea is quite nice, – it tastes better than you’d expect considering you’re supposed to drink it black with no milk or sugar. Nice and fruity.
The night time tea can be tough to stomach at times, and many people complain that it isn’t the nicest tasting. It’s fruity, but it’s very sweet and almost synthetic tasting. The Skinny Mint team recommend making the tea with lemon water and some honey if you’d like to improve the taste.
Lots of people say in their skinny mint tea reviews that they added lemon water and it tasted so much better. How your own 28 day teatox review comes out is entirely down to you as a person, though.
Whether a 28 day teatox has any benefits is a hotly debated topic. However, you can look at many of the individual ingredients in the tea and see that they do have health benefits. You might not achieve your dream body in 28 days, but you might enjoy reduced bloating and inflammation, better digestion, more energy and improved mood, and so on. Below are some more potential benefits of drinking the tea:
- Help with constipation.
- Better skin and hair.
- Help with health issues like colic and heartburn.
- Improve sleep.
- Blood sugar control.
- Faster metabolism.
Although the individual ingredients of the tea may provide certain benefits, it’s still important that if you decide to go through with the teatox, you follow the instructions and take it on a temporary basis, rather than as an ongoing health supplements. If you have sleep issues, issues with your blood sugar, constipation, or even acne, there are other routes you could take that will likely be better for you. It’s important to go to your GP and discuss them so you can figure out a solution that’s right for you.
Potential Side Effects and Risks
There may be potential side effects and risks to using the skinnymint tea. The company recommend waiting 4-6 weeks between each teatox, as some of the ingredients are not meant to be taken in the long term, such as the senna leaf. Weight loss and health are always best improved with a combination of exercise and nutritious foods. Using a teatox is okay when used in moderation, but is not something you should come to rely on.
You might even find that your stomach hurts each morning after drinking the night tea – if you get cramps, it might be better to give up the teatox. It’s also worth noting that the product can mess with birth control due to its laxative effect. If you’re currently taking birth control, then it’s especially important you pay attention to this and take precautions to ensure you remain covered.
A lot of the customers are complaining about the price – it’s a little bit expensive for them but looks like the results worth trying:
I bought this product for $43. It works great & tastes fine. Overall, a wonderful product. However, when I went to purchase the same product one month later, the cost is now $53. Not worth it, too expensive, there are several other similar products available for less. If this tea was less expensive, I would buy it regularly.
Recieved. The flavor of the tea is something to be desired. But a thing that’s good for you won’t always taste good. But I am getting RESULTS!!! I feel less bloated and the nighttime is super gentle in keeping me regular. As someone who has gastric bypass I might keep the night time as a regular routine. Definitely a satisfied customer.
Although this teatox may have some nutritious and beneficial ingredients, you probably will not notice substantial results from using the tea alone. If you do not exercise and continue eating the same way, you may not get any noticeable results. Many skinnymint tea reviews say that they got the best results by also being mindful of what they ate and by incorporating more exercise into their daily lives.
Overall, due to the diuretic and laxative effect, you may expect to reduce a little bloating and drop some water weight. Remember, the tea must be used sensibly and not as a long term solution. Always read the instructions and follow them to the letter!
Where to Buy
If you want to give it a shot, here is the best deal we’ve found for you:
Please rate this review if you find it useful.